Criminal Defense Associate position (10/19/22). Douglas Atkinson & Associates, PC is looking for a full-time associate at a criminal defense firm located in Conroe, Texas.
Salary: $95,000 – $120,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time (Monday-Friday)
Additional benefits: paid vacation, holidays, and sick time, bonus pay, 401K, health insurance
* Criminal defense law: 2 years
* law license by the State Bar of Texas (Required)
Full Job Description
Responsibilities include the day to day operations of a criminal defense firm: client meetings, legal drafting, legal research, administrative hearings, parole hearings, plea negotiations, trial preparations, bench and jury trials, appeals, periodic travel to adjoining counties. After hours or weekend work are occasionally necessary, but generally hours are 8am-5pm Monday through Friday.
Qualifications include law license by the State Bar of Texas, criminal law jury trial experience, two years experience practicing criminal defense preferred, experience interacting with the District Attorney’s office preferred.
* Aggressive, competitive and growth oriented
* Outcome oriented, results focused with strong performance culture
* Stable, traditional, strong processes
Please Contact Shannon Kirkland at (936) 760-0303
- Community Engagement Specialist (2/7/22) – Harris County Office of Managed Assigned Counsel
- Administrative Assistant (1/31/22) – Harris County Courts Admin (Juvenile Division)
- Legal Assistant (1/25/22) – Mallett Saper & Berg has an immediate opening for a legal secretary. Criminal defense firm, mostly federal. Looking for someone to work full time (8:30am – 4:30pm) to help answer phones, type, file/efile, and keep client info confidential. Federal experience preferred but will train. Friendly work environment, salary based on experience. Call Gus Saper for more info. 713-236-1900. Or send resumes to: email@example.com.
- Legal Assistant (1/21/22) Harris County District Courts-Admin
- Court Coordinator – Criminal Division (1/13/22) Harris County District Court
- Court Reporter – Criminal Division (1/13/22) Harris County District Court
- Legal Assistant (1/12/22) – Criminal defense law firm – Legal assistant needed from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Needs to be able to work in-office. Current legal assistant will train. If you know someone interested, please have them email their resume to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Federal Public Defender (1/10/22) (Brownsville, TX) – The Federal Public Defender, Southern District of Texas, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Federal Public Defender to be stationed in the Brownsville office. The federal defender organization operates under authority of the Criminal Justice Act, 18 U.S.C. ‘ 3006A, to provide defense services in federal criminal cases and related matters by appointment from the court.
- Court Coordinator (1/3/22) – 177th Criminal District Court. See job details.
- Criminal Law Hearing Officer (12/16/21) – The courts hearing criminal cases in Harris County are seeking applicants for the regular, full-time position of Criminal Law Hearing Officer. Individuals interested in applying can find the required application and instructions at the following link: Careers at Harris County Courts (hctx.net). The deadline for applying is Monday, January 10, 2022 at 5:00 pm. For additional information, please contact the Harris County Office of Court Management at (832) 927-6500.