Harris County and surrounding counties may change policies, locations, dates and times at any time. HCCLA is working hard to keep up with the changes to bring you the most current, relevant and accurate information as possible. Stay safe!
ALL COURTHOUSES RE-OPEN MONDAY, 2/22
- U.S. Southern District of Texas: The HOUSTON, GALVESTON, and VICTORIA Courthouses will reopen beginning Monday, February 22nd.
- District Courts: Harris County Judge Hidalgo has reopened Courthouses beginning Monday, February 22, 2021. Many of our courts are operating virtually (via Zoom). You should check with the court if you are currently scheduled for a virtual appearance.
- If parties are unable to participate remotely for health and safety reasons, they should contact their Court to reschedule. Please check our website frequently for updates. The list of courts and their contact information can be found here: http://www.justex.net/Courts/Courts.aspx
- specific district court updates
- District Courts: Inclement weather, Emergency, and Public Health Scheduling Procedures
- County Courts: UPDATE: The County Criminal Courts at Law will be OPEN for docketed cases on Monday (2/22) and Tuesday (2/23). Anyone unable to appear due to the impact of the winter storm should contact their assigned court directly. (see court directory)
- District Clerk: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Harris County District Clerk’s Office is closed to the public. In person service is only available with a prior appointment and walk-ins are not permitted. CLICK HERE to obtain contact information for all our sections. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Justice of Peace Courts
- Houston Municipal Courts
- State Office of Administrative Hearings (SOAH) – Due to ongoing water-related issues, SOAH’s Austin and Fort Worth offices are closed to the public today, February 22, 2021. However, SOAH will convene all hearings as scheduled. If you have ongoing power or water-related issues that prevent you from joining a hearing, please contact SOAH’s docketing office.
- Galveston County – Courts will be CLOSED through Thursday (2/18)
- Fort Bend County – All Courts will be CLOSED Monday (2/15) through Thursday (2/18)
- Montgomery County
- Brazoria County – County offices will be CLOSED February 15-19, 2021
For anyone who does not have a warm place to stay, please go to the
George R. Brown Convention Center downtown. Pets are allowed.
For transportation call 713-221-6000
Please stay off of the roads and stay safe. Information is available at:
We will keep you posted along the way with more updates. Stay safe!