Harris County and surrounding counties may change policies, locations, dates and times at any time. HCCLA is working hard to keep up with the changes to bring you the most current, relevant and accurate information as possible. Stay safe!
COURT STATUS UPDATES
- Governor Abbott Issues Disaster Proclamation (9/21/20)
- Governor Abbott Issues Disaster Proclamation (8/23/20)
- State Office of Administrative Hearings (ALR)
- COURT UPDATES
- Galveston County
- Fort Bend County
- Montgomery County
- Brazoria County
TROPICAL STORM BETA
- SCHOOL CLOSURES
- COUNTY COURTS will conduct jail and bond dockets remotely on Wednesday, September 23rd. The Courts encourage all parties to plan to appear by videoconference for all proceedings. Contact your assigned court if you have a question about your scheduled case. A Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 7:00 am on Wednesday the 23rd. Additionally, River Flood Warnings are in effect for several rivers, bayous, and creeks in the area. Employees should exercise caution and good judgment in making travel decisions. All County Criminal Courts at Law will return to normal operations on Thursday, September 24th.
- DISTRICT COURTS: (9/23/2020)
- 228th – All appearances are waived. Please contact your attorney for your reset date. Attorneys please contact the coordinator for reset dates.
- 263rd – Court is open, but no in-person docket 9/23/20. Use Zoom protocol. The judge will be on the bench for attorneys who wish to approach.
- 337th – If HISD is closed due to inclement weather, Court 337 will be closed also.
- 339th – Due to inclement weather, the Arkema trial is postponed through Wed. Sept. 23. The trial will resume at 8:30am Thurs. Sept. 24.
HURRICANE LAURA — Due to the threat of Hurricane Laura, the Harris County Criminal Justice Center (1201 Franklin St.) will be closed from 12:00 PM Wednesday, August 26, 2020 through Thursday, August 27, 2020. Cases set on Thursday will be rescheduled. Please email the court coordinator, check the District Clerk’s kiosk, or visit https://www.hcdistrictclerk.com to determine new court dates.
- 185th docket moved to 9am Wed
- Check with individual courts for the most current status.
- School Closures
- JAIL UPDATES – Due to the Hurricanes in the gulf and uncertainty of what kind of weather and damage it will bring the Houston area we are not accepting any requests for zoom meetings at this time. We will be working to reschedule any previously accepted zoom meetings and then working on new request once we weather this storm. Thank you for your cooperation, and stay safe.
Galveston Courthouse is CLOSED due to weather
Eastern District of Texas
The Jack Brooks US Courthouse in Beaumont will be closed Tuesday, August 25, 2020, through Friday, August 28, 2020. The Ward R. Burke US Courthouse in Lufkin will close at noon, Tuesday, August 25, 2020, through Thursday August 27, 2020.
We will keep you posted along the way with more updates. Stay safe!