Harris County and surrounding counties may change policies, locations, dates and times at any time. HCCLA is working hard to keep up with the changes to bring you the most current, relevant and accurate information as possible. Stay safe!
As Tropical Storm Nicholas approaches Harris County, please check the individual court for updated docket information. Stay safe!
- Houston ISD cancels after-school activities Sept. 13, all classes Sept. 14
- Jury Duty CANCELLED Tuesday, September 14, 2021. All jurors who are scheduled to appear tomorrow will be rescheduled to another date in the future. A decision about jury service for Wednesday, September 15, 2021, will be made tomorrow. Office of Harris County District Clerk – Marilyn Burgess | Home Page (hcdistrictclerk.com)
- District Courts CLOSED Tuesday, September 14, 2021. The Harris County District Courts, courthouses and other downtown buildings maintained by Harris County will be closing today (9/13/21) at 5:00 pm through Tuesday (9/14/21). Litigants with district court settings for Tuesday, September 14, 2021, should contact their individual courts to reschedule. Contact information for each court may be found on our website at www.justex.net. See also: District Courts: Inclement weather, Emergency, and Public Health Scheduling Procedures
- County Courts CLOSED Tuesday, September 14, 2021. In accordance with the Harris County Criminal Courts at Law (CCCL) inclement weather policy, all court dockets for the CCCL are canceled on Tuesday, September 14, 2021. Harris County Courts (hctx.net)
- Houston Municipal Courts CLOSED Tuesday, September 14, 2021. Municipal Courts (houstontx.gov)
- U.S. Southern District of Texas
- Brownsville Division CLOSED Monday, 9/13.
- Federal Detention Center in Houston will be closed CLOSED Tuesday, 9/14.
- Galveston Division Clerk’s Office and Probation will be closed at noon September 13th, 2021. Building remains open for other agencies.
- Galveston Federal Courthouse will be CLOSED Tuesday, 9/14.
- District Courts (justex.net)
- 337th Court Update
- 209th: Given our city’s tortured history with rain and mother nature, I am watching the incoming storm with a familiar sense of dread.
- If you feel that you cannot safely make it to court Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday then stay home. The 209th District Court will gladly reset, roll, or reschedule any case this week. No exceptions. This applies to prosecutors, defense attorneys, and defendants. Seriously, this applies to everyone, even those set for a plea or hearing.
- The 209th and the Harris County District Courts follows HISD, so if HISD cancels classes then the Court will be closed.
- The Court would encourage everyone in next to few days to make your appearances via ZOOM, even if your presence in court would normally be required. If you want to appear but the weather gives you pause, please be safe rather risk traveling downtown.
- County Courts (ccl.hctx.net)
- Juvenile Courts Inclement Weather Policy: If the County Judge of Harris County announces that County buildings will be closed, the Juvenile District Courts will remain closed until the County Judge announces the reopening of the buildings. If Houston Independent School District cancels classes, then all hearing and trials in the Juvenile District Courts will be cancelled on the days classes are cancelled.
- District Clerk: Due to Harris County being at the Red level in the COVID-19 threat classification, the District Clerk’s Office is closed to the public. Our staff is serving customers over the phone and via email.
- Justice of Peace Courts: check individual courts for updates
- Houston Municipal Courts will be CLOSED at 5:00 pm on Monday, September 13 and on Tuesday, September 14, 2021.
- State Office of Administrative Hearings (SOAH)
We will keep you posted along the way with more updates. Stay safe!